Author Topic: Terrot MT 1, 100cc 2 stroke: non-starter!  (Read 10196 times)

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Terrot MT 1, 100cc 2 stroke: non-starter!
« Reply #300 on: June 03, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »
You cannot leave us without an ending. Please stay.

Offline TGR90B

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2018, 08:37:04 AM »
That was part of my point. After 143 posts by Terrot (only on this topic) and nine months, will there ever be an ending?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:43:17 AM by TGR90B »
Getting grumpy.

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40:21 AM »
 I disagree, It's entertainment, makes a change from "oh look at my overpriced new bike", or" I'm off on a cruise," or"I just watered my plants see the pretty pic" type of thing elsewhere.

I  am beginning to admire his misguided tenacity and the depth of his wallet, but I'm 80% certain there is something unfix-ably wrong here, sometime in the past incompatible parts have been fitted, some kind of mechanical/electric mismatch.

Personally I would have spent a fortnight in France doing the rounds of the jumbles there and found a replacement engine, for sure the only way would be to compare like with like.

On the bright side hopefully this saga will at least discourage others from buying old french tat. The cost of all this would have bought a decent old Brit classic.

Online Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2018, 10:58:25 AM »
Dead-on with the last sentence. It's a pet peeve of mine, all these half-complete Deco-style Frog things that enthusiasts think will be got running with a new plug and some juice.
Don't know why, it ain't my money they're spending but it seems wishful thinking to believe that they're anything other than garden ornaments, and as you say, a better home-grown bike could've been bought for less.
There must be thousands of 'em propping up the garage wall in the Home Counties, all for sale as unfinished projects and just needing a clutch/mag/gearbox internals/head/front forks to run.

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2018, 01:24:44 PM »
yes, I  know really want to hear if it ever gets to run, properly.

I still have plenty of sarcasm left ;) 8)

Offline john.k

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2018, 01:31:01 AM »
There is no such thing as unfixable...........years ago,when I had a crane truck,I picked up a 1904 Moon chassis,with a crankcase with four rods and pistons stuck up in the air.......might have been a steering assy and a ally diff housing  too,dont remember......I said.....Youll never get that going......two years later ,it was a going ,driveable chassis,and wooden bodyframe started on....so nothing is unfixable.......yet the original owners of these little poppers couldnt do the simplest maintenance job on them.

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #306 on: June 06, 2018, 09:35:15 AM »
a bit like George Washington's axe though?

A subtle difference between unfixable and why bother?