Author Topic: 24th international meeting of Motobécane Club de France  (Read 658 times)

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: 24th international meeting of Motobécane Club de France
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »
In reality it is quite easy. It clings back down the mudguard. When stopped, the driver is positioned behind, lowers the crutch and the ground with his foot and with his hand he takes the loop that is seen above the fender and exerts a movement backwards, this lift the wheel and the crutch pivots. ;)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 09:29:11 AM »
Thats very true Rex, I  had an interest in french bikes of the 1930s for quite a while, once you could get a really nice example for silly money, but the french were not as into older stuff back in the 1970s. They caught up fast, and, lets face it, if our choice bikes were as scarce as theirs we'd be the same.

Its the reason so much old  2 stroke tat is now dumped onto speculating antique dealers these days.

And the much stricter rules governing registration docs over there.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 09:35:56 AM »
In reality it is quite easy. It clings back down the mudguard. When stopped, the driver is positioned behind, lowers the crutch and the ground with his foot and with his hand he takes the loop that is seen above the fender and exerts a movement backwards, this lift the wheel and the crutch pivots. ;)

I know how to use one Leenane, it's just that rather than the usual 30-50mmm off the ground that one looks about 175mm!

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 11:16:42 AM »
 :) You're probably right Rex. I would see her at the rally on June 22nd and ask the owner what he thinks about it ...