Author Topic: Triumph Bronze Head  (Read 51658 times)

Offline Martin_UK

• Advanced Member
  • Have Triumphs....and a very large toolkit...
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph Bronze Head
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
No I didn't post it up, I thought you did !

My head is slightly different from the current head on ebay as mine has the internal oilways as well as the external oil drains fitted so it could be fitted to either 39/40 or 46 bikes.

Offline runesika

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 07:08:09 PM »
 sold for £3,2030 !!!!!!!!!!  the bronze head on ebay .
That's a lot of money , it did come with some rough 1946 Speed Twin crankcases but i'm sure that did not add a great deal to the value .

Even if it was cast for Triumph by Burco in 1946 and is rare i cannot see it being worth more than a genuine bronze head made by Triumph in 1939/40  ?

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »
That's a chunk of money, but then again, my mate was moaning a while back about an Inter tank going for £500 odd and an Excelsior Manxman engine  going for £1400 recently, so I suppose when we're buying rare parts for high-end bikes we're all going to have to get used to paying top-dollar.

Offline Martin_UK

• Advanced Member
  • Have Triumphs....and a very large toolkit...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »
Runesika,

Triumph didn't cast the heads in 1939 either...they were cast by Birco on behalf of Triumph as was this 1946 head. I'm sure Rob Stockdale could confirm this if you ask him.

Just goes to show there's a lot of people out there with more money than sense !

Offline runesika

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »
Runesika,

Triumph didn't cast the heads in 1939 either...they were cast by Birco on behalf of Triumph as was this 1946 head. I'm sure Rob Stockdale could confirm this if you ask him.

Just goes to show there's a lot of people out there with more money than sense !
Hi Martin ,

Oh i see what you mean now . So do you know if Birco cast both the bronze and the iron heads for Triumph ?
 Martin , you talk like you have a bronze head spare , are you now booking a safety deposit box !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline runesika

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »
Warning !
Bronze head on eBay with 1946 crankcases AGAIN .
Seller in Scotland, 0 % feed back .
Seen it before with same old pictures , I'm 99.9% sure it's a con so buyers beware!

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2017, 10:42:16 AM »
Be wary of anything for sale in Scotland, doubly so if it's supposedly in the Isles, as it seems to be a favourite of the Nigerian scammers..

Offline runesika

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2017, 10:18:43 PM »
Scammers use Scotland as its remote and the last thing they want is "pay on collection" even if it shows as an option .
Worth saying you want to collect and wait for the excuses as too why they need to send it .