Author Topic: bsa c15 condenser  (Read 6171 times)

Offline neilr

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
bsa c15 condenser
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:55:56 PM »
Hi
  My name is neil and i am new to this site . I have bought a 1965 bsa c15 sport star,last on the road in 2006 and want to ride her . she is in good condition . i am having a problem getting a spark . she has a + earth 6 v system , i have checked the wires to a wiring diagram and changed batery and coil but still get no spark at the points . would a faulty condensoer cause this and is there a way to test it . Thanks for any help . Neil

Offline Goldie

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: bsa c15 condenser
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 09:11:55 PM »
Start with the plug and work your way back.

Change spark plug.

Change plug suppessor cap (if fitted) or take the suppressor off all together, connecting the HT lead direct to the plug.

Check HT lead and end connections.

Check points gap, and clean points. I find that using fine wet and dry paper doubled over and pushed in between the closed points does a good job in cleaning the points.

If no success, you will have to check out the condenser, coil and rectifier.

Make sure that all wiring connections are sound and that the battery is in good order.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 09:12:47 PM by Goldie »

Offline neilr

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »
thanks for your help.i have replaced the plug and cap,coil,rectitier and conections,the thing is,i get no spark at the points ,even if i cross them with a scew driver,there is voltage at the points and strangly,both sides,although less one the top side

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »
thanks for your help.i have replaced the plug and cap,coil,rectitier and conections,

But what about the condenser (capacitor)? What happens when you try with it disconnected?

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:13:55 PM by L.A.B. »
L.A.B.

Offline neilr

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 06:13:58 PM »
Hi and thanks for your reply,i have just unpluged the wire and kicked her over and still get no spark at the points (or plug).Neil