Author Topic: James Motorcycle Threaded Filler Cap  (Read 13661 times)

Offline Canada Clark

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: James Motorcycle Threaded Filler Cap
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 01:56:08 PM »
Hey Harry, It looks like i have finally identified the James. In reply from your friend Alan, i have a 1949 James Model 10D (just prior to calling it a Cadet)  The export model that i have also was built with the "competition" Telescopic front end.  Alan makes mention of this model being quite rare..... i suppose anything built in 1949 is somewhat rare!!  Thank you for all you help with the bikes identification and the contact information that you provided.  On a personal note, if you (or anyone else) has any spares for this old James, i would be very interested.  I need a "threaded" Filler Cap, the glass headlamp with trim, really need the bike stand and could use 5 inch brake pads.  I would also find original hand grips very usefull too!!  If you have "James Spares" that you want to provide....please let me know.  THANKS AGAIN to EVERYONE WHO HELPED!!   Clark.

Offline harry

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 08:17:38 PM »
Hi,Clark,
have you received my latest message advising total cost of filler cap with post seamail is £12.50?  Message sent last night {sept.28}.Please reply and if you have not got my message I will try to send another with the same details.Harry.

Offline Canada Clark

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 04:17:26 AM »
Harry, i have not received your message yet.  It is sept 29th 10 PM my time.  No problem with the price of 12.50, remember no upper case,   clark_mb11@hotmail.com  I'll look for the email.  Thanks so much, very excited about the filler cap.  Clark.