Author Topic: Which Triumph is this ? TR5 or 500GP??  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Chautauqua

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Which Triumph is this ? TR5 or 500GP??
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:24:30 PM »
I need help in identifying a specials series Triumph. Havent seen it yet, just got an offer over the phone.
 It would be great if someone could tell me the exact model name and the numbers produced so I can get a grip on what bike it is. I am sorry I dont have  its Engine/Frame numbers or pictures. I dont have them yet.. and I urgently need to identify the motorcycle.

The facts I know about it are-

Its a
T100, 500C TWIN, ALUMIUM ENGINE, SPRUNG HUB, RACING KIT(SOME MODS TO THE CHASSIS  AS COMPARED TO REGULAR T100s). LOOKS LIKE A RACING VERSION.

MOSTLY A 1945-50 MANUFACTURE.
I have looked up the websites and have somewhat shortlisted to the 500GP,  TR5(Trophy 500) or maybe the T100C or such T100 types.
But I could not get specifications on any of these models that match the above facts.The TROPHY500 had Al-engine but was apparently a trial bike. The 500gp(also called the Senior TT) looks like its the right one but nothing told me it had sprung hubs and an Al-Engine... am confused!!

Thanking all in advance

« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 11:31:01 PM by tavish_fire »

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Which Triumph is this ? TR5 or 500GP??
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:21:22 PM »
T100

If it is a 'T100' then that could make it a Tiger 100 model but without the engine/frame numbers (or photos) it isn't really possible to be more exact.

A large number of Triumph parts are interchangeable so the bike may not be the same specification that it was when it left the factory, many parts could have been changed over the years.

A GP bike is fairly distinctive and you will be lucky if that is what it is.

The T100'c' was a 1953 model and it is different from the later T100'C' models.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 05:22:11 PM by L.A.B. »
L.A.B.

Offline Chautauqua

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 03:48:08 AM »

Offline L.A.B.

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 05:43:17 PM »
I posted a reply to this message already but when I tried to add some more info it automatically deleted the message (that has happened a few times).

So I will reply again.

Thanks for posting the link to the photo, and the bike looks like a normal road model from the early 1950s, so could be a 5T Speed Twin (the Amaranth Red colour is Speed Twin) with a T100 engine or it could possibly be all T100 as many parts are identical (as a standard 5T of that period would not have had an alloy cylinder head),  

A lot of the parts are correct for that period (except the carb) .

I do not see any racing kit or chassis modifications that you have mentioned-maybe others can?  
L.A.B.