Author Topic: Monet Goyon  (Read 8909 times)

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Monet Goyon
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:24:33 AM »
Anyone know any spares suppliers or good clubs to join for a new owner of a pre-war Monet Goyon ALS3?
Seems to be quite a lot of pics on the Web but not much info.
Any other Monet owners out there in VBF land....?

yebbut

Re: Monet Goyon
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
You are going to have to cross the channel for that one Rex.

I know of three french spares suppliers for general  and some repro stuff if you are interested; don't expect much in the way of  M-G spares around.

French bikes are my big thing these days, [althought the last of th e set is being sold] much more interesting.
I have had success with some spares via ebay France, but postage is a killer.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »
Just seen this reply, Yebbut.
What is it you are/were selling?

You're right about French postage though, and the French don't seem to like Paypal, plus classic/vintage French bikes seem to be much more expensive than British bikes.....the old law od Supply and Demand, I suppose.

yebbut

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 04:41:34 PM »
Rex I am very fond of the little 4 stroke Motobecanes.
Last one now returned to France.

for spares google

Chambrier pere et fils

Macadam 2 roues

Henoux Laurant
they are the biggest suppliers, I have found laurant Henoux a reliable seller and will take Visa as will the others.

ebay has not given me any problems but a lot of sellers won't sell out of france simply because of the postage hassle; it helps to have a mate over there.

French bikes are very much underated, prewar spares are a nightmare, that Adolf bloke had a lot to do with it.
I have a lot of french bike mags to shift soon.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 08:44:57 PM »
Thanks for that list, I may have one marked already but I shall look into them all anyway.

Some of the 1930s French bikes (especially the 350+ cc) have a beautiful Art Deco look about them which I find very appealing, but the prices for rebuild/incomplete projects are, or can, be horrendous. Whether it was Adolf's world tour requiring lots of scrap metal, or the "run it into the ground" philosophy of the French errr... peasants causing shortages, I don't know.
I do know that my 1935 250 M-G is very much a "big bike built small" in it's design and construction; Webb style forks, mag, four-speed foot change etc make it very attractive (to me, anyway!)
Thankfully it runs, and when the warmer weather comes I can finish off a few jobs, MoT it then re-reg it.
Should be good for a few "what on Earth is that?" comments come the summer runs....