Author Topic: witch bsa 1946 is it?do you know?  (Read 11568 times)

Offline mathias

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: witch bsa 1946 is it?do you know?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 12:46:26 PM »
yeah i  thin this is a Pannonia but im not sure wich year ....is there anywhere there i can put its chassis number to indentify the year?
is it so important to know the exact year of your machine?

from the look of the engine side covers, the finning of the cylinder and the form of the fuel tank I'd say it once started life as a model TLT from 1956/57....
BUT: the front forks are heavily modified and/or from a later model; the front wheel is from a later T5; the rear wheel, the front and rear mudguards, the solo seat, the twin rear shock absorbers, the tail light and the silencers are certainely not Pannonia; and the side boxes and chain case are missing altogether.

add to this the fact that you obviously do not have matching papers for it - is the year still so important?

if you still want to know: give engine and chassis numbers and I will see what I can tell from that!

Cheers
Andy

P.S.: Where in the world are you?

well Im in Brazil!
Just found this bike!
im sure the twin rear shock are not part of it,im sure the handle bar is not part of it,the tail light is not also.But the last owner told me it was his father bike since it was made...and he barely changed it s first look!
i see a number wrote on it saying "0051"this is the year right??i will take pics of all number i can see in it...

Offline Christian Arapu

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: witch bsa 1946 is it?do you know?
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »
it's a 100% Pannonia TLT possible 1968's or 1974's , i have one,,, beautyfull motorcycle!
hey ma bro Pooky! how a u duin!