Author Topic: What a find  (Read 18593 times)

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
What a find
« on: January 07, 2015, 09:36:54 AM »
Morning all,
I was just reading in one of the ex-pats papers here in france that they've found this barn just full of old classic cars,
they've just been stored and left for years,
the lot is for auction and they say it's over a million pounds worth :P

What a find!!! could you imagen house hunting and coming across this little lot ::)

Anyone had any nice barn finds????

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What a find
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »
Yes you just cant beat quality,
Ive been a petrol head for mant years without knowing it at the time and like the bikes "a good well made car" just say's it all,
My own car is a 1988 model and still going strong, no rust and even now when you open the doors you can smell the leather seats,

I use it as the daily car and i still get that buzz after all these years,
Yep they sure did know how to put a car /bike together in those days.

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 09:07:33 AM »
i must say when anyone mentions classic well built cars , i dont think of the late 80s , if you are refering to the mulsain turbo i did work on one once , the anti roll compensation valve had jambed , it looks like a tin can inside you find a central cam with a spring at each end , it sences presure from the shocks and trys to stop the car rolling like a dubble decker buss , all in all a very poor idea which did not work that well as the car was a tank , i think it was 7 litre V8 turbo charged lard on wheels , but there where worse cars about many of which i have had the misfourtune to own , i do like VWs and 2cvs (air cooled) and they also are not perfect by a long way but easy to work on .

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »
Mark,
Once again you & me are about to fall out because your talking a load of rubbish,
My "BENTLEY EIGHT" (same as my user name, is a classic and it's 8 ltr engine is one if not the best Roll's/bentley cars ever made, the body work takes skilled craftsmen 6 days to make and its all one piece, ie welded and then rubbed down so it ends up as a one piece unit, the brakes & subspension are again one of the best constructed bit of engineering any car has both when mine was made & in todays rolls/Bentley cars,
This type of subspension was taken from the citroen, the ride is really smooth and quiet,

Ref doing work on the car!!!! All i can say it's not a car for the unskilled without the correct tooling, rams etc,
Some things the keen DIY' person can do and get away with it & score one on the skilled artisan ie noah's  built  a ark a good boat that sailed on & on,
 the titanic was built by skilled people "SANK"
Bentley did not make cars for the DIY clan to play with and to say you had trouble with what you think was something in a tin can !!!!!
I can honestly say in all the years ive owned and driven this car ive never had any problems with it, pre this car i owned an "E type Jag" and i couldnt say the same for that car, pre the "E type" a "Rover " again  not in the same class as "Bentley"

So your wrong in my eyes "yet " again ref this one,
I dont honestly think we'll ever see eye to eye on anything, france, cars, makes of bikes,
But each to their own ::)

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 08:00:22 PM »
it is a classic and so is the allegro , princes , any car bike over 15 years old  etc they where built by crafts men mostly panel beaters , you will find quite a lot of lead in that body , still better than filler , the ride is citroen not bently with that I agree , you should have kept the E type it would still be appreciating in value , unlike 1988 bentlys £9000 on a very very good day , with low miles and full service history of course , I also agree we will not see eye to eye on this one either , maybe next time (tit) ... PS are you sure its 8ltr try google                                                                                                  The Bentley Eight was produced from 1984 through 1992 and served as Bentley's entry-level model. It was powered by a 6.75 liter Rolls-Royce eight-cylinder engine and the four-speed 4L80-E automatic gearbox gracefully sent the power to the rear wheels
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:08:37 PM by mark2 »

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 11:35:46 PM »
Again mark your talking a load of rubbish ref Bentley (you'll find an "E" in Bentley) and i can assure you my bentley eight (notice the eight) is an 8 Ltr engine  they made three size engines at crew and mine is the 8LTR automatic engine.
And the body has NO lead in it's make up at all not one single ounce, and ref 15 years and these are classics what comic did you read that info in???
Try 25 years, in the uk and as far as the DVLA is concerned 25 year and a classic car is excempt road tax in the old system "NOT 15 as you've said " Bit more of Marks daft info.
Ive owned this car from new and again your price if it went for sale would'nt be anything like £9000 And ive not looked at the market for a long time as im not looking to sell but i can assure you Bentley are a much higher priced used car than rolls of the same year,

You keep making the same mistake in that your half way there before you find out all the info

"just like when you cocked your big move to france up and then found out the tax was high if you work here, you didnt take into account the likes of actual living cost combined ie rates for you house inrespect to what you'd pay in the uk for the same house and land,

the fact that we have no waiting list for hospital treatment unlike the uk we're you pay all your life and when it comes to needing to get a hospital bed your told about the waiting list "but keep paying you NI. "for what"?
the french retire at 60yrs with full pension,
And keep using the motorways "if you can go 20 miles without roadworks and 30MPH restrictions (dont see much if any of that here,)
yes the french motorway system in areas do have a pay system but not around the city areas the motorways are free there.

No Mark you keep using your insulting language and child like talk and im sure your very entertaining to some but to me you tend to talk the talk but with no experience to back anything you say up !!!!!

I think i'll not bother giving you anymore space as you tend to be silly and i enjoy nothing better than a good adult chat "but silly people" i just cant put up with.
Anyway I'll say good night now mark as im sure the nurse with the white coat will be bedding you down about now :( but true.
NITE NITE Mark?

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 07:30:15 AM »
any link to the 1988 8ltr ?  15 years old is a classic any insurance company will tell you , DVLA 25 years ? which planet , I think the tax cut off date is 1973 , but it goes on year of manufacture not registration , your only fooling yourself as to the value of your tank take a look , it will have been lead loaded , I never moved to france I do own property in france , I have no problem with the hospital system in the UK , most maybe like yourself move to france as they are no longer able to afford to live in the UK , if I lived in north wales I would move to france , take another sip of that cheap wine your up quite late I need to take my medication , good night tit ............... i have taken your advice reguard google , can you post the link to your 8ltr fitted to your bentley eight , i had a citron light 15 once , i dont think it was 15ltr but did drink the fuel
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:04:29 AM by mark2 »

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »
your being silly again "MARK",
Talking a load of crap,
cheap wine "no no it's people like you who think cheap wine is for drinking the french cook with it,  "they dont drink it"

Ive owned two homes both in the uk pre moving to france at the same time and i own two homes here "NOW" at the same time
 both are good well furnished and well looked after homes,

As to being able to afford to live in the uk "I can assure you i managed very well in the uk" it was the the fact that i could and did buy a much better home with the chances of a summer every year and next to no crime here,

I have no worries ref being robbed/mugged or anything like that here if i wish i can leave the car unlocked on the cout yard leave the pool and all the furniture around the pool and no it'll be there when i come back to it,  Leave windows open, leave tools, the tractor at the allotment while im not standing over them, etc "can you say the same mark? Can you really live the life i live?

If i couldn't afford to live in the uk how come i could afford the purchase of a new Bentley  27years ago "cash"???
I retired at 53yrs of age,
was that because i couldn't afford to do such a thing???  NO NO NO Mark again your playing silly games with yourself, but i suppose you spend a lot of time playing games, thats why your on here,
 its not that you have anything to offer ref classic's
And if you think or believe Bentley/Roll's car bodies are made of lead contents!!!!! then again  Silly Mark strikes again, Mark who has'nt a clue what he's talking about  ::) ::) ::)

Your facts are all to cock and i dont think you have a clue what day of the week it is half the time, As to driving a tank!!!

NO. NO. NO.   Mark pure luxury everytime,  "YES" Tank NO.

Tell us all have you ever driven the likes of a Bentley, ???? I dont mean sat in one for a few minutes, i mean driven one for a few hundred miles,
experienced daily the cars ride over all kinds of roads,?? the lack of engine sound, the seating thats like your best armchair, the only real sound is the leather seating creaking as it settles,
I dont even have to lift the bonnet to check the oil ive a seperate press button to do it for me, and if i want to know the outside tempature again ive a dial to tell me, "Not many TANKS have these luxary items in them.

I dont think so infact mark after seeing your verious bits of advice on this forum and asking do you have any pics of a LE VELLO, i wonder if you have any classic bike? 
Your advice ref the BSA 650 ref fuel went on to talk about the wheel cap getting cracked????? my BSA 650 ROAD ROCKET front wheel hasn't an iron wheel centre plate " Ive no problem brake rods and mine is a classic,

Mark you've really made a fool of yourself and we are only at the start of 2015 (thats the year mark not a cc of a bike)
You have decided people leave the uk because they couldn't afford to live there and france was cheaper, you decided to swear and use words that most people dont want to talk to a perfect stranger using such lanuage,
 so you continue to carry on using them, you dont think further road saftey measures are of any good what so ever and anyone using them is going to look (i wont use your word here) daft,

No matter whats said on here you feel you have a mass of experience to give valued appinion's when in fact you've nothing to back these up with,

Why dont you try and start again "but" this time with good intensions, Talk in a language all can understand And be a little more of a nicer person,????
Your not fooling anyone except yourself, you know as i know if you and i we're face to face and you tried to say the things to the likes of me "well i can assure you one of us would come off in a mess".
I dont want that but i dont hide behind a PC. i can assure you "MARK' i can be a very nasty bit of stuff if pushed in the right direction!!!
so lets rethink and start again,
Mark, what do you say ?? OR would you rather continue playing games and playing with yourself :-X
Anyone can be nasty and abusive.

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 01:24:27 PM »
You are making a right tit of your self here , most of what you say is totally inaccurate , I would leave your car unlocked round here in the hope some one would take it , i have never been robbed or mugged in the UK  , I am still waiting for the 8 ltr link , I have owned lots of cars but mostly into bikes now , the Bentley mark was on its knees when you got suckered into buying one , living on the name only from a time when they did make a 8ltr straight 6 car  , not so now thanks to VW and BMW , I am still very interested in bikes and cars (see pic of my Christmas present to my self should keep me occupied)  its obvious to me by your comments that you are what i call a  armchair petrol head with no practical experience (some times found proping up the local bar talking rubbish) , as for the idol threats laughable , nasty stuff tell me which way to push tit .. the only good thing is you may have sparked some interest in a forum  which was very quiet , and given me a good laugh at your expense so please don’t go , …. About the brake plate I think you are showing your very limited knowledge when it comes to british bikes again sorry, try google

now thats a motor

almost forgot heres my LE very good bike but a bit slow , killed velocette
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:02:47 PM by mark2 »

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »
Well Mark "silly as always, idol whats that all about, your words not mine,
REF proping up bars "noway" i dont attend bars and its a long time since ive been in one, i leave that to others to do not my scene at all
and ref me knowing nothing ref "what was it you've said Oh yes arm chair petrol head, no no no  Silly Mark, ive a fully active life and since reading your last load of crap ive been in my workshop enjoying servicing the ride on mower, the gem rotovator and in general enjoying the fruits of a fully worked life span except i employed peopel 15 to be precise so to say i prop up bars shows again how stupid you tend to be,

Your for ever using google Is this because you dont have any thing else to offer of your own?
And to say Bentley are a has been company!!!
What a complete idiot you are, Have a look at the crew site and have a look who buys Bentely and why!!!!!
They are still one of the only "BRITISH" not jap or german but British car companies that have full order books and infact are growing in size due to the sales,
I wont go into explaining to you how a company works because i know it'll be way beyond your understanding skills,

But you think or should i say "Say" i was suckered in to buying my car, Well all these years ive had it and drove it ive never had one single problem with it and its still going as good today as the day i bought it, ive never changed the exhaust system ive never even had a new battery
so how you can say suckered into buying it says it all, Oh what car do you drive "MARK" or should it be push & what year is it?????

Now looking at your work place i see you've a battery with leads connected and some sort of exhaust sitting on top of the battery, thats really a safe thing to do, (or maybe its a bad picture)
Your work or storage place tells a lot about you, "a junk heap, messy, and one of those places you'd expect not to be wanting to work in,
or in your case slob about in.

You know it and anyone else reading your  advice (if you can call it advice) you have a lot of time on your hands, and im sure a lot of thoughts of days gone , "and all the cock-ups you've made and thieves who have have liked your stuff they even returned "twice" before you decided to listern to some good advice ref security?

As for buying yourself that christmas present!!   Did you get the skip with it??

No mark you stay in your area "and as you say if i was to leave any of my cars parked on your street it would be taken, well  you seem to have a lot of things stollen "Mark"
  the house you say you didnt live in in france (two times break in's) and now the house and area you DO!!! live in is a place if i was to park my car would be a theft job,
Again Mark you've made another silly mistake but im sure nobody will be driving away your christmas present to yourself,
They'd have one hell of a job getting anything in or out of that workshop,

Let me tell you what it's like to have a good workshop " But you have to work to make this little lot, it was'nt given free "
   I have two floors, on the bottom one side is for storage  (at the minute for two ride on's and large electric log cutting machine three pushbikes, a chest freezer and verious metal shelving units,

a passageway to a back stable and thats another storage area, approx 10feet x 12 feet and this is used for the dogs food prep area and the dogs beds etc,
The other ground floor area is 40f x 12ft and this has a large work bench for the heavy stuff and an hydrolic car lift for the car's tobe worked on such as service work and the odd repair if needed,  thats 4 cars ie the wifes nissen (i service every year) the vw golf, the 2cv and a lomax kit car
now all these are serviced by myself as is the tractor and when i bring all 6 bikes round to this location they will also be worked on by me in the bottom workshop, (NOT IN THE PUB)
Above these workshops is the woodwork and general work shop come office area,
this is 24feetwide by 40feet long, and has both a full length french doorway fully glazed , and four roof velux windows a wood burner and two full sized woodwork benches, of verious sizes , a free standing lathe & wood storage area
A band saw  and  scroll saw / free standing rip saw, the full workshop has units fitted all around the three wall's for storage of tools etc

But get this "MARK",
 ive not only a desk for files etc ive a rocking chair infront of the french door and the view from this window is miles & miles of countryside,
the same for every window view from any window in the house, three sides mile & miles of countryside & the fourth view is of the pool area.
Both workshops are kept clean and safe, seperate area for charging batteries (not under cars with leads just waiting for "Silly Mark" to trip over,
I even have smoke alarms all over the place and first aid box , but your not into saftey are you mark!! being seen while on the road isn't your thing is it?
So "Mark" dont think your pictures of a disaster waiting to happen has impressed me because all they've shown me is what i already thought
your a dreamer and a silly mark who just will not think but has to open the mouth first,

It's nice some days to sit in the rocking chair and just relax and take in the view and be able to think out what ever im doing,

Well mark why dont you  "as you say " keep occupied" but by sorting out that mess your telling us is a workshop? ::)

But dont put to much junk outside "it might be taken away when your not looking!!!! (by the rubbish collection service)

Have a nice day  "MARK"

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 07:49:20 PM »
Thankyou for coming back but please tell me this is a wind up , or am I believe that Darwin was wrong (you have no family I trust/hope)  I am not interested in buying your property so no more estate agent sepal please , your beloved Bentley mark has belonged to VW since the late 90s and the first thing they did was to fit a BMW engine (that’s why your car value has crashed) maybe this info never reached north wales and your 15 employees (in England we call them sheep) as for the Lomax a waste of a good 2CV  (don’t tell me it’s the four wheel abortion) and I can sit on my mower also , have been broken into twice in France 1st time they took my wife’s SLK but was insured no problem , the 2nd they took the trailer to my digger , they may have been relatives of yours as they took a £40,000 digger off the trailer first , your right about the garage it’s a mess but it’s not where I work  , I am still looking and waiting for the 8ltr Bentley link , I do have a friend with two Bentleys , old ones 4and half ltr nice cars , and he is interested also , please come back tit                               PS I took the liberty of contacting the local RR/Bentley dealer and that’s a very very rare model you have , its so rare that after being a RR agent for over 60 years they have never seen a 1988 8ltr Bentley  , keep that one it may go up in value one day
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:00:01 PM by mark2 »

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 09:52:13 AM »
1988 BENTLEY AND MADE IN CREW CHESHIRE? BY BENTLEY? VW 1 BMW WE4RE NEVER IN THE PICTURE?
THEY MADE IT WITH THE RED BADGE NOT THE BLACK 3NOW GO AND ASK YOUR 60 YEAR RR DEALERSHIP WHAT SIZE ENGINE4S WENT IN THIS MODEL THE ONE WITH 8 PLUGS IN IT?
IM NOT SELLING ANYTHING, and you couldnt afford the gite never mind the house, and i can assure you i employed 15 people right up until the day i sold,
Bentley prices crashed ,,,????
I STILL GET THE BENTLEY MAGAZINE AND I CAN ASSURE YOU THEY4VE NOT CRASHED, But im not buying another so why would i worry (ive still got the first one i bought,
And isn't funny you agreeing with me ref your (what can you call it) scrap storage pit a Mess, But now you dont work there,
So is it your living place?

Well ive heard enough from you, your a complete mess (so is your storage place) and i cant see much if any pleasure in knowing you
so i'll get back into my own workshop and finish servicing the MTD , knowing nothing about engineering thats a chance im taking removing the complete bottom off this machine ooooooooh and listening to the radio in the warmth of the heating system,

But you knowing everything and having the gutts to show all that mess of a workshop that you dont work in, the one with a battery clipped ready to use, with its cell cover still on, that again show's what a skilled  mechanical engineer you are,

So ive better things to do than waste time listening to you and your lifes cock-ups, but i'll leave you with a thought (just for you and you only

Three type of turds in this world,
(1) custurd
(2)musturd
AND YOU.

Now remember to lock up someone may think yours is a fly tipping site 'And who could blame them" :( :( :( :(

Do something good in your life feed the TiT's

Offline mark2

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 10:31:33 AM »
I have asked them again but they say no , the only 8ltr was a straight 6 , please send more info we are interested in this rare model , but for now united in thinking you maybe full of it , also Bentley eights £6000 to £9000 allday as many as you want , so since 88 the car has lost @ £45,000 , nice , your next move will be Bulgairia , whats a MTD ? nice turd comment , I will put this down to welsh hummer as the wifes from johns town (that's near Wrexham)              "Do something good in your life feed the TiT's" I am not a charity so try the local food bank, tit
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:31:35 AM by mark2 »

Offline Bentley eight

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 06:50:36 PM »
Johns town "wrexham" famed for the local pit and the electricity power plant,

I never once said i was welsh and to be honest dont want to be,
 Wrexham is'nt anything like Mid wales, Not in the least.
I did tell you i owned two homes (owned not rented Ive always bought cash)
 the other house was not so far away from the wrexham area, it was chester area,
so i do know what johns town is like ,

I'd have thought a know all like you would now what an MTD was? Why not do your usual and google :(

Ive had a good day today just returned from a visit to the gite, mmmmmmmmmmmm what a nice warm feeling to drive just over 5km and there it is just waiting for this years bookings to arrive,
I couldn't help but think of "silly Mark" and his trailer donated to the thieves, the digger must have been like your workshop contents a pile of junk
I mean who else would go and take a chance to remove a trailer but spend time dumping the digger? (only  the ones that thought the digger wasn't worth the bother) and that was only one of two visits from these people ???

But as i made sure the emergency heating was working and all was well i loaded a ladder on the wifes car (her's has a roof rack "Bentley 's dont)    ready for the fruit orchard pruning to be done in the next week or so, 34 tree's to prune.

After that i made a coffee and while drinking it i glanced across the courtyard and by the old well i could see  the two trailers ive parked on it,

Ones a larger open trailer (the tractor pulls this one with logs on etd)
And the second one is a road trailer thats a covered one with a roller rear door, both in first class order and both are parked here for months on end and yet never once have i had any problems with thieves,

And the gite is in a little hamlet and only a hand full of people live in the area, all the properties are hidden away from each other,

Makes you sick dont you think "MARK" poor old you get done twice and yet we've never had so much as a sniff of trouble,

Infact here's something that will really pee you off good time.

on the road to the gite you come to a  'Y' shaped section of road, left is to the gite direction & right to the village some 5 km further on,

Well "MARK" in the middle of this 'Y' is all grass and for the last 12 years that i know of someone has left an old wooden wheel barrow in the centre of this grass area,

Every summer that wheel-barrow is full of flowers, all summer, this time of the year it's full of soil and bulbs ready to spring up about april time,
It's also a common thing for the odd bit of a fiels to be used for the local people to grow home use veg /fruit etc and never anything taken by those not entitlet to.

I bet you have nothing like this in your area "mark"  Why Mark? 

This is whats so different from you and me mark, you couldn(t make a friend even on the I.N. because your so set on being mr nasty,
You think any saftey is for (TIT's)  (your way of saying things not mine)

You've the idea anyone moving to france is here for the cheap wine!!! your saying not mine,  Having the idea because ive a car you couldn't afford to run gives you the right to say i know nothing about classic bikes (ive never stood and said i did) what i know comes from interest not a time served apprenticeship for the motor trade, but you go on then to say i stand in bars giving all kinds of chat about bikes etc

Mark, we have an english run bar in the village here not only is it closed by 9pm because of two reason's one is the french are not bar drinkers,
they'll drink in a family group 'maybe in the summer with a bbq on the go and the kids enjoying the gatherings, (french kids are brought up to drink wine from an early age they dont cause trouble because their use to how to behave ) or as i see when i take the dogs for a late walk "i'll offten see folk sitting outside with a bottle of  (mostly home made wine "this is the countryside and home made is normal')

And the english around here are not here to hold up the bar all night, a lot have bought older places (like we did) and spent the money on doing them up "Not filling the pubs drains with waste wine etc"

In all these years ive been connected to this area (ie bought two homes at seperate times) ive never once set foot in the english pub here.
So all this crap your trying to think up ref me pushing up the bar is a load of complete rubbish,

I enjoy a nice cool drink around the pool in the summer and if we have friends round i can assure you we dont offten talk about bikes or classic cars,

Gardening "YES"
 Ive a 2 acre garden around this house and a further 1 acre a few minutes walk away i use as an allotment and this keeps me occupide and plenty of fresh veg etc on the table, And the freezer filled with fruit pies etc/jams/chuntneys all year round.

I like nothing better than taking the older dog to the allotment (thats completely) hidden from roads etc and really is a peace perfect peace sort of place, the only company i see is the dog the odd deer and the rabbits & birds,
You can't imagen the pure pleasure i get fom just the two of us having the afternoon on the allotment,
It's a place for making plans, growing good clean food and enjoying the simple life.

So Mark all the crap you give out is a sign your not a happy chap, your a basic trouble maker "but only via I.NET" not face to face.
To say your going to start smoking again because your getting (or have arrived) to fat is again you not finishing the job "another  "MARK" cock-up.
What about health,? And also the cost you'll burn everytime you light up?? (No wonder you cant afford to own a Bentley)

I came on this forum to make a few like minded classic bike friends, but like anything to do with the I. NET. you tend to meet the mouth on legs brigade, those who have no intention of being anything like nice people,

Do you know something "MARK" Ive met so many people from the uk who have come to live here in france that left the uk but really brought it here with them,
All the reason's why the left the uk ie couldn't get a place like we've bought here in the uk for this price & a few acres of land in with the deal,
And for so cheap,

These places do need doing up to the buyers  needs,

ie the french a lot of the time live in houses etc that still have outside loo's and the drainage for all the household needs (loo/bath used water etc etc ) have just been drained onto the outside pit, (soak away pit) very much a health hazard.

Now by the new laws         (the law's for safer living the laws you dont like "MARK") ie anything to do with saftey your against ???

Will not allow new buyers or sellers to let this type of drainage to continue,   by Law you now have to have a foss tank installed and by a certain date after signing and inspected and passed fit for purpose by the local  health people and a certificate issued.

And this type of work along with new up-graded rewire of the properties
 (a lot of the older french properties are of a much lower feed and once more than a few items are used such as washing machine microwave ther's a big bang and or a fire)

plus roof work etc etc  cost money,
The brits start to complain the french costings for this work is far to high, "So is the french tax these artizans have to pay" remember i told you french retire at the latest aged 60 and the money to pay these pensions has to come from the tax payer.

And so we now have an influx of brits aged under 30yrs telling any idiot who wants to listern that these young people are fully trained briclayers:/electric/ PLUBERS etc etc etc!!!!

Just the age of these so called uk trades people tells it all, "What 25-30 year old would have had time to complete a full apprenticship for several trades at that age????
WHAT IS A BUILDER,,,,,????   Is he a bricklayer?  plumber?   You tell me.

And so we now have two things have come about, shoddy work and people like you who in one part of this page your saying  the tax was to high so you went home to the uk, (did you or didn't you live here full time?)

And the other thing is when the likes of you come on these forums you've got an almighty hump ref anyone thats done better than you.

When i said i employed 15 workers "I did" and i worked bloody hard to make sure all those workers wages always got paid on time inspite of one or two firms going bust "my workers always got paid,

So for you to come out with some stupid remark about sheep is both an insult to the welsh and to me "but" again for all who are reading this page it's also saying "MARK" isn't a nice bloke to get to know,

We could of been good friends, maybe even had met up here we're you could have seen another side to france, but "MARK" i wouldnt want to meet up with you your not grown up enough,
And to start making comments about 'do i have children' and then add i hope not, says it all,

For all you know my wife may not have been able to give birth?
Or maybe we lost a child through accident or illness,  Or maybe we've 10 kids,

You'll never know but for the sake of your next victim i hope you give alot more thought to what and how you say things.
What goes round comes round "remember that Mark.

Ive better things to do from now on than to exchange words with you so i'll wish you well and hope you keep your mouth in check :-X