Author Topic: 24th international meeting of Motobécane Club de France  (Read 15643 times)

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: 24th international meeting of Motobécane Club de France
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »
In reality it is quite easy. It clings back down the mudguard. When stopped, the driver is positioned behind, lowers the crutch and the ground with his foot and with his hand he takes the loop that is seen above the fender and exerts a movement backwards, this lift the wheel and the crutch pivots. ;)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 09:29:11 AM »
Thats very true Rex, I  had an interest in french bikes of the 1930s for quite a while, once you could get a really nice example for silly money, but the french were not as into older stuff back in the 1970s. They caught up fast, and, lets face it, if our choice bikes were as scarce as theirs we'd be the same.

Its the reason so much old  2 stroke tat is now dumped onto speculating antique dealers these days.

And the much stricter rules governing registration docs over there.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 09:35:56 AM »
In reality it is quite easy. It clings back down the mudguard. When stopped, the driver is positioned behind, lowers the crutch and the ground with his foot and with his hand he takes the loop that is seen above the fender and exerts a movement backwards, this lift the wheel and the crutch pivots. ;)

I know how to use one Leenane, it's just that rather than the usual 30-50mmm off the ground that one looks about 175mm!

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 11:16:42 AM »
 :) You're probably right Rex. I would see her at the rally on June 22nd and ask the owner what he thinks about it ...

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »
 ;)  Registrations will be closed tonight !! Too bad for those who can not come, but I would put pictures on the site.
41 French departments will be represented by various motorcycle models.
Australia, Great Britain, the Netherlands, Belgium and Portugal also send representatives.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 07:01:57 AM by leenane »

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 04:00:15 PM »
I enjoyed all the french rallies I used to attend, but frankly crossing the channel just for one event is far too expensive for many  from this side,and a lot of hassle.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2019, 04:34:08 PM »
I enjoyed them too and not much hassle for me, but sadly Brittany Ferries charge like a wounded rhino.
Staying and eating in France wasn't cheap either, though having the Gendarmes blocking the routes so you didn't have to stop for other traffic was novel..

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 06:11:46 PM »
Thank you Mini-me for your point of view and I understand it very well, it becomes difficult to enjoy these good times or we can meet around our passions ..... I would do some photos to show you the atmosphere.

Thank you also to you Rex for this point of view which is new to me, because I am too used to France ..... However I already went to London (East Dulwich) with my BMW R69 / s in 1971 to see my school correspondent ( Patricia) and I went to Ireland 12 times, but never on a motorcycle, it's for later when the Honda 750 K2 will be restored. I also know Hungary and I plan a tour through the north of Italy and Austria to go see girl in the CSONGRAD (southern Hungary) .... But I understand that the roads (out highways) are dangerous !!!  8)

Offline mini-me

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2019, 10:25:23 PM »
You have to remeber Leenane that  very many of us here who are old bike riders are a lot older than we would like to be, in fact ancient.
 I did notice on French bike events I went on that so many were encouragingly  younger.

Not to insult France but over the years I found that France changed far too much from the France that appealed to us English, the massive growth in motorways has ruined all the little villages such as I knew down the RN20 on my regular trips to Spain,  now hotels, restaurants, shops all shut down. Even Les Routiers. In fact on one of my last vists I had real trouble finding a modestly priced place to eat. I prefer to keep my memories. Je garde mes souvenirs avec plaisir.
Vielle Clous
Nants  a Montaigu
Luc sur Mer
Tour de France des motos anciennes.
Montagne de Fer,  Lille

et autres, voyages en solo to Provence,  Le Midi. Catalonia.  best remembered, not revisited.

Ride safe, driving standards are getting worse and road manners bad all over Europe.

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 06:25:42 AM »
Very good analysis, it is true that the world moves very fast and not always in the right direction and it is not always easy to move with our old bikes .... so caution is required at all times .. See you soon, I leave in preparation meeting of these two days that we wish pleasant and well secured.  ;)

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 07:20:48 AM »
 ;D In 4 days we will be in the mood. 230 motorcycles and mopeds are registered, remains the uncertainty of the weather ....

https://www.ouest-france.fr/bretagne/pluvigner-56330/pluvigner-le-retour-de-vieilles-motobecane-sur-les-routes-6399526

The countries represented (registered) are: the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Portugal, Australia ....

41 French departments make the move

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2019, 10:31:51 PM »
Voici venu le temps de se remplir les yeux !!.... la totalité de mes photos sera mise dans la page ad hoc du site MCF.       -      Bonne visite à tous  \:D/
Here is the time to fill the eyes !! .... all of my photos will be put in the ad hoc page of the MCF website. - Good visit to all from Leenane

Remise de la médaille de la ville de PLUVIGNER par Jean Pierre GAUTER, adjoint au maire en charge des sports, de la jeunesse et de la vie associative en présence de Michel CORTESE, président de l'AMECA.
Presentation of the medal of the town of PLUVIGNER by Jean Pierre GAUTER , deputy mayor in charge of sports, youth and associative life in the presence of  Michel CORTESE , President of AMECA.

Jean FARGE, notre président, ouvre l'Assemblée Générale 2019 dans la salle du conseil municipal de PLUVIGNER.
Jean FARGE, our president, opens the 2019 General Assembly in the town hall of PLUVIGNER.

John LIPSCOMB, le représentant gallois de la Grande Bretagne
John LIPSCOMB, the Welsh representative of Great Britain

L'assistance attentive suit le rapport moral et financier du club qui sera suivi d'une séance de questions ouvertes et de débat. Le vote du nouveau conseil d'administration clos cette AG.
The attentive audience follows the club's moral and financial report, which will be followed by a session of open questions and debate. The vote of the new board of directors ended this G.A.

Parmi les membres présents, nos ami sdu MCF portugais: Raimundo QUEIROZ, Antonio GALANTE de QUEIROZ et Marco COSTA. Ils nous ont renouvelé leur invitation à participer à leur rassemblement annuel en 2020.
Among the members present, our friends from the Portuguese MCF:  Raimundo QUEIROZ, Antonio GALANTE from QUEIROZ  and  Marco COSTA. They renewed their invitation to participate in their annual gathering in 2020.

FRANCE 3 Bretagne qui réalise le reportage diffusé le dimanche soir  https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/bretagne/morbihan/passionnes-motobecane-se-retrouvent-routes-du-morbihan-1689652.html également en radio ...
https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/societe/a-pluvigner-morbihan-le-24-eme-rassemblement-international-motobecane-1561037412
FRANCE 3 Bretagne who carries out the report broadcast on Sunday evening  ... also in radio ...

Les partenaires de l'AMECA associés à chaque évènement du club morbihannais: la SNSM de la rivière d'ETEL.
The AMECA partners associated with each Morbihan event: the SNSM of the ETEL river.

Il y avait aussi le côté convivial des retrouvailles ...
There was also the friendly side of the reunion ...

>>>>>>>>>>> ? il n'y a rien qui vous surprend  ? ....
>>>>>>>>>>>? Is there anything that surprises you? ....

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:33:59 AM by leenane »

Offline leenane

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2019, 10:32:31 PM »
Vous avez suivi sa restauration sur le forum du MCF, elle était là le dimanche matin ..... pas de chrome, mais du polissage vraiment bien fait par Yann
You followed her restoration on the MCF forum, she was there on Sunday morning ..... no chrome, but polishing really well done by Yann

.... Philippe qui venait du Finistère et qui a du faire les balades dans sa 4L pour cause de casse de bécane....

....  Philippe who came from Finistere and had to go for a walk in his 4L because of broken bike ....

.... Une japonaise !!! .... signe des temps mais qui était toute seule me semble-t-il, quel courage !  :-  :-

....  A Japanese !!!  .... sign times but who was alone it seems to me, what courage!

.... des Z et encore de Z .... mais point vu le renard masqué !
.... Z and still Z .... but not seen the masked fox! (Zorro !)

La fin du week end arrive déjà et c'est la traditionnelle remise de récompenses: Henk van Kessel qui est venu d'Eindhoven (NL) en mobylette (980 km), John LIPSCOMB de NEWPORT (GB),notre doyen Claude Jeunesse qui a roulé avec nous (88 ans) et qui transmet le flambeau à Sylvie (bravo !)
The end of the weekend is already here and it is the traditional award ceremony: Henk van Kessel  who came from Eindhoven (NL) on a moped (980 km), John LIPSCOMB  from NEWPORT (GB), our dean Claude Jeunesse  who drove with us (88 years) and who passes the torch to Sylvie  (bravo!)

Ivan, président de l'Association des Motards Solidaires 56 qui nous accompagnait avec ses 7 motos, Jean Pierre GAUTER, l'adjoint au maire de PLUVIGNER, Marie Josée LE BRETON, vice présidente du conseil départemental du MORBIHAN, Michel CORTESE et Jean FARGE
Ivan , president of the Association des Motards Solidaires 56 who accompanied us with his 7 motorbikes, Jean P GAUTER , the deputy mayor of PLUVIGNER, Marie Josée LE BRETON , vice president of the departmental council of MORBIHAN, Michel CORTESE  and Jean FARGE

..... the last but not least !! ..... celle qui m'accompagne depuis 1969 ....
..... the last but not least !! ..... the one that accompanies me since 1969 ....

Un grand merci à vous toutes et tous pour ce week end placé sous le signe de l'amitié !              et ..... à l'année prochaine dans un nouveau lieu.
A big thank you to you all for this weekend placed under the sign of friendship!                 and ..... next year in a new place.

Voici un cadeau de Dominique RICHARD    -  domrichard3@aol.com (croquis à l'aquarelle) que vous avez vu sur l'Espace Saint Michel avec ses pinceaux.
Here is a gift from Dominique RICHARD - domrichard3@aol.com (watercolor sketch) that you saw on Espace Saint Michel with his brushes.

[/b][/i]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:47:44 AM by leenane »

Offline murdo

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »
Looks like a good time had by all. Well done.

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 09:06:31 AM »
There's some bikes there I'd give house-room!
{Also always those two-tone Motobecanes in there somewhere.. ;)..}