Author Topic: Fitting Britax rear crash bars  (Read 1302 times)

Offline rgsjohn

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Fitting Britax rear crash bars
« on: July 05, 2021, 11:14:40 AM »
I want to fit a set of Britax rear crash bars to my A10. Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of the bevel on the footrest? It doesn't match the crash bar fixing point in anyway that I can see. I have scoured the internet unsuccessfully looking for Britax fitting instructions. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.second picture is where footrest is supposed to attach to the crash bar
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 11:34:08 AM by rgsjohn »

Online Vreagh

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting Britax rear crash bars
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 08:23:34 PM »
I seem to remember that on the A series plungers the rear footrest was mounted in the same hole as a tapered sidecar mount.

Offline rgsjohn

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fitting Britax rear crash bars
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 01:54:10 PM »
That's an interesting idea, but my bike is an S/A frame and has no sidecar mounting lugs and the taper is at the opposite end anyway. It is designed to replace the folding rear foot rests, and as you can see the footrest is machined to allow for silencer clearance. The search for a solution continues.....! There must be an adapter of some kind I would have thought which is missing. Always a problem when buying used items. Anyway you can see from the picture how the footrest is connected to the frame. It's how the footrest connects to the actual crash bar that is proving to be problematic. The Britax bars are of course designed to be universal one fits all accessory. The genuine BSA item is unobtainium.