Author Topic: ANTI-WET SUMPING VALVE  (Read 18534 times)

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: ANTI-WET SUMPING VALVE
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 01:00:43 PM »
If he's a big knob in the BSA club then I'm glad I sold my last BSA some months ago. He may be right or wrong in his understanding of the pump and valve workings, but what a condescending arse he sounds. :-\

wetdog

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »
i still have a few bsa but not in the club , heres his last message , what a plonker

"As I previously said, this subject is closed ,because i have no desire to waste my time,talking to plonkers.We have dealers in CANADA, THE USA and the UK who buy in bulk from us,many times a year.
Of course we have many thousands of satisfied , intelligent, customers,but I would not disclose data protected information to such as the likes of you.
SRM do not reccommend oil filters either,or coolers, but what do they know?
Velocettes were incorrect in fitting them too then!
Remember, there are Litigation laws here in the U.K....and thats why SRM  wont write anything.
However , you have,so be careful.
As I SAID BEFORE EVEN WITH TECHNICAL INFORMATION SUPPLIED it wont make no difference to you, so please fade  away

i think i may have racked him off
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:56:35 PM by wetdog »

Offline Revband

• Advanced Member
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Revband
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Revband
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 03:42:33 PM »
Hi again Wetdog.

Indeed you do seem to have "racked him off", I have used these valves on a B32, a 500 Goldie and a 350 Goldie without problem a friend also has them fitted to a 350 Goldie and a 350 AJS (in line type from same supplier) without any problem.

About three years ago my brother fitted one to an A7 which had recently had the engine rebuilt by the previous owner, it had only done around 200 miles since the rebuild and one bright but freezing winters day he took it for a run, about half a mile out he felt the engine tightening up and stopped, the engine  then would not kick over and he pushed it back cursing the anti drain valve as the culprit, when he went to the bike again the engine had freed off and turned over OK, the offending valve was removed and he rang me complaining about it, I went along to check it out for him and the valve was working as it should but turning the engine over had no oil returning.

I am not saying the same happened with yours, but on the twins they can suffer a "cold seize" this had happened on my brothers bike. the freezing weather shrinks the alloy case which compresses the timing side bush onto the crankshaft, if you ride off straight away the wind cools the case even more whilst the shaft is beginning to warm, if the bush is a very close fit the shaft can force it round cutting off the oil supply to the bottom end, after sorting the main bearing bush the bike has been running without problem with the valve refitted ever since.

I hope  the damage to your bike was not too bad.

wetdog

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »
thanks . this a10 has the roller conversion timming side no bush , i notice the bikes you mention have roller big ends (not the a7) and the velo valve (i think an optional fit) also roller , no damage to the a10 as i was watching for oil return (there was none) and no oil in the line after the valve as it had not opened , valve now removed and the bike is running fine , i agree this valve will open ONLY if there is oil in the pump and feed line after the valve , if not the pump will not open the valve , the seller thinks it will but i can assure anyone reading this it will not , the result engine rebuild ........... my ajs 36 250 is a bike that has never wet sumped even after standing for years one of the sweetest running singles ever made . thanks for your help

wetdog

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »
a freind has dropped round one of the valves velo used to fit if asked to do so , very nice includes the filter and screws into the tank , i still would not fit personally but i can see how you could prime the delivery pipe easy , but the thing my freind is selling for inline fitment on bsa is not so easy due to the route of this pipe and the location of the valve , close to the pump and lyeing on its side , all in all not as good as the velo item (no surprise there ) and not as well thought out .

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
Yebbut, nothing is as well thought out as a Velocette... :)

wetdog

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:24 AM »
Rex i could not agree more (god that hurt)  ;D

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
Stoppit, or you'll have that Johnny Boy bloke down on you again.... :-X

wetdog

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 10:56:59 AM »
I emailed jbw and apologised for my comments and said I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut or my fingers  still (don’t all shout at once ) he has other things going on and I wish him well , and this site has gone quiet since he left

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 10:46:53 PM »
Good God, pigs might fly.... one day!
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen