Author Topic: 1914 Humber number problem sunbeam club  (Read 33529 times)

wetdog

Re: 1914 Humber number problem sunbeam club
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »
there we have it a classic example of twisted morality , there is no cure , you are a very sad man , and by the way your comment is a perfect example of human greed " had she known that she was the beneficiary in the bloke's will. "
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:53:00 PM by wetdog »

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 08:13:35 AM »
If that's "twisted morality" then you have twisted logic or are just up for a confrontation. I suspect the latter.
I'll try it one more time. If you were willed something by a relative and after their death you found someone else had taken it I'm sure you'd be somewhat miffed, and if the item was valuable enough, you'd want to get the police involved, so the where is the "perfect example of human greed " in that?
To be the victim of a crime and want redress is "greedy" is it? What utter tosh.

Feel free to make a sensible reply if you have one, but don't waste my time with another silly twist-and-turn meaningless jibe.

wetdog

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »
call the police Rex (im sure you wont) and please answer the cheap vincent Q , having no cash is not a answer , your are implying that the items where of value and this would be the motive for police involvment , can you not see the human greed in this ?

with reguards to probate , you cannot give items away at the last minuite but if you where to say they had been stolen your in the clear (they will ask for a crime number) property is more difficult and know since giving my sons propertys that this takes about 7 years , so needs sorting out well in advance , or pay it and a mp can take a holiday
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:46:53 AM by wetdog »

wetdog

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2013, 10:13:19 PM »
Rex ……… I can not wait any longer for you to take the bate so here it is nice and simple , For any person to preach the moral high ground (that’s you) you must have the experience of all sides (here by your own admit ion you are lacking) you can not judge others with out experience of the situation , I know that you would have bought the Vincent (funds permitting) and so do you , your dogged denial in refusing , thinking your doing so under the name of morality is wrong . I have only ever seen this before in followers of the Koran (of which you are not) where the high ground is there’s, they have nothing but there faith in that belief, and have nothing else. Am I twisted?

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
Wow.. I don't know where this one is going...
If iver tha does owt for nowt alus duit for thissen

wetdog

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2013, 11:32:44 PM »
no where so i think ill stop , Rex wont be drawn in (all credit to him for being the bigger man) so back to bikes i think , hows the norton going ?

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »
Which one?
 My model 50 is ok, I haven't had my Imp or the Trident Triton out this year... just stripping down my ES2 to fit a new big end and Ive just sold my Commando....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:56:32 PM by Bomber »

wetdog

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 09:22:35 AM »
into nortons then , I have some (have a tele plunger international in bits but found out wrong frame so may sell) about to start a 99 was going to go standard but I have problems with the style  ??? so will have to go flat tracker ish (to old for clippons) slimline , it will be the first Norton twin ive rode for 40 years , hope its how I remember it . are there any good upgrades you can recommend , that's ones that work and you have first hand experience of . it says triton on the log book so need to sort this out ,

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 10:27:05 AM »
Am I twisted?

Probably, and you make a lot of assumptions in an attempt to back up your arguments, too.
Go back a few posts and I said "it depends on the circumstances" and that hasn't changed. You've quoted no more than an old lady selling a Vin to a dealer and it being picked up by you. To make any sort of valid judgement (by you or me) on whether I would buy it or not the situation would need a lot more fleshing out.
You haven't done that, and repeatedly asking "but would you buy it?" shows that you haven't really grasped much of the debate at all, and stating presumptuous statements like "but you would do this" and "I know you would" is just lame as you don't know me from Adam.
I don't see any preaching from any moral high-ground either, although I'm rather perplexed as to what "experience" I've admitted to "lacking".
So to repeat the message of before, respond if you've actually got a point to make, but again, don't waste my and your time by another one of those multi-edited off-tangent diatribes. It really isn't worth your time to type or mine to read.

wetdog

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »
welcome back Rex . would you by the vincent ?
the new owner is not a dealer but i am .
you admited to be lacking in the funds . there for you have no choice to make ( but exchange Skint for morals ?)
i will decide if i have time to type , you to read .
"it depends on the circumstances"   please give the circumstances its ok for a person such as your self to buy a cheap vincent , in this i am very interested

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2013, 12:09:09 AM »
Too late.. the Vinnie is in my garage (I wish), I'm not one for Norton twins normally but the Commando came as part of a deal. My father-in-law has a brand spanker Slimline 99 in his living room... one day maybe.. but me likes Inters :)

Try Swan neck clip-ons.. much easier on the fragile bits!

Rex.. I think Wetdog is yanking your chain mate... and doing it very successfully if you don't mind me adding.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:15:45 AM by Bomber »

wetdog

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 09:07:11 AM »
its like someone once told me "you must drag them down to your level and beat them with experience" good advice , but Rex will not bite even when cournerd , hes taking his time trying to Flesh out (no brainer  :P)  cheap vincent , i think i know why hes skint .

Offline Bomber

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 09:40:20 AM »
 :P

Offline Rex

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »

Rex.. I think Wetdog is yanking your chain mate... and doing it very successfully if you don't mind me adding.

Yeah, the good old standby "I was only joking" when you get caught out talking twaddle. Sometimes it even sounds convincing....

wetdog

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »
no joke Rex hows the fleshing going ? or where you talking twaddle