Author Topic: coventry eagle silent superb  (Read 8682 times)

Offline eagle149

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
coventry eagle silent superb
« on: February 28, 2008, 03:59:15 AM »
I have the loose assorted parts for a restoration project for a Coventry Eagle motorbike. It has a Villiers engine so must be 1933 or later. Can anyone advise me where to look for the serial number, engine number or any other means of identifying the year, make and model. And are there any parts manuals for these bikes? Any information much appreciated.

Offline geoffus

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: coventry eagle silent superb
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:12:57 PM »
 :)
Hi  have a instruction and parts folder for a silent superb which i can scan through to you if you like to leave me a message with your e-mail address Ill send through to you ,this folder gives frame gearbox motor breakdowns and run instructions even their guarantee
regards geoff

Offline eagle149

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:34:55 AM »
Hi Geoff - that's great. Have sent you a message with details you asked for. Look forward to hearing from you & many thanks.
Gordon
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 01:29:57 AM by eagle149 »

Offline Joecr

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:43:35 AM »
If you have a look at the photo's on this site you will see a few C Eagles, including a 1932 Silent Superb (mine). From my own experience dating them and finding out exactly what model of Coventry Eagle you have could be difficult because of the many similar models they produced over a short time period. I have a selection of scanned pics taken from the original advertising of the time that may help you.
Joe.

Offline eagle149

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:26:24 AM »
Hi Joe
Thats great - I'll send a separate message to you with my email address. I've looked at your photo, a beautiful machine which has given me inspriration to try and complete my rusty jigsaw puzzle!! Any idea where to find the frame number?
Cheers, Gordon

Offline Joecr

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 03:52:09 PM »
Gordon, the frame number on mine is at the front of the main frame section just behind the headstock. On the left hand side on the underneath of the box section frame. I'll get a pic of it for you shortly.
Joe.