Author Topic: New to site  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Jonny The Goat

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
New to site
« on: November 04, 2014, 08:23:07 AM »
Thought I would pop into the bar for a drink and to introduce myself :)
Hi Guys and Gals, New to the Vintage Bike Forum and I am from Somerset. I have quite a few old bikes. I have a 49 Sunbeam S7d, a 53 AJS mod 16, a 60 Triumph 5TA, a 67 bitsa BSA Bantam with parts from all years fitted :) a 52 Excelsior autobyk and a 30 Monet Goyon S17. Yet to get that one going and even fully ID the engine. Will post up photos sometime. Also have a 77 Bonie I am working on for a mate with the hope he will give up on it and pass it over to me ;) A few other later bikes and some old frames as well as like to knock up the odd special when I get the time.
Jon

Offline wink

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:22:48 AM »
Well welcome to the site but be prepared to be disappointed, not much happens here but the older members do know about odd stuff. As usual a lot of what other people think they know has become gospel over the years and I only know about stuff that nobody wants to know. At the moment I´ve only got one british bike , a BSA Beagle restored ready to paint and chrome. And a royal enfield in a lambretta that father built to pull a sidecar . Best forgotten unless you´re a Mod with a strong leg for starting it. Wink.